A name on the market for 160 years
Founded in 1860, Brinckmann + Co. changed its name in the 1920s to BRINKO, which was registered as a trademark. The company produced a wide range of hand tools.
Unfortunately, the company building was severely damaged during the second world war due to its location close to Remscheid railway station. BRINKO had to suspend operations until the end of the war.
Then, after gradual reconstruction of the factory buildings, the company was able to start up again.
Soon after the war, the senior manager at the time succeeded in achieving the first exports to Austria. These connections are still strong today.
In the 1960s, BRINKO increasingly specialised in plumbing and electrical tools.
For the first time, the company provided not only top-quality hand tools, but also various services and sales equipment to plumbing companies and electrical goods retailers. This was also the start of BRINKO shop-in-shop solutions.
BRINKO evolved progressively into a full-range supplier committed to constantly expanding its portfolio.
Equally important in our corporate philosophy is the personal contact and support that our field staff provide to wholesalers.
Today, BRINKO supplies customers in many countries, spreading our know-how into the wider world.
Our success rests on a combination of expertise, quality and competent advice as well as various services for trade retailers plus plumbing, heating, electrical engineering, air conditioning and swimming pool technology suppliers.